SVG (Endometriosis ultrasound)
What is SVG? (Endometriosis ultrasound)
Sonovaginography predicts severe, or deep infiltrating endometriosis and is a new technique in the prediction of posterior compartment deep infiltrative endometriosis. OMNI is the only ultrasound site in Australia performing this new diagnostic technique.
– Bowel Prep is not required for this SCAN
Who should have SVG (3D Sonovaginography)?
If you have any of the following problems, SVG may be helpful for you:
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Severe period pain
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Cyclical pain during defecation
- History of previous endometriosis with recurrent symptoms
Why is SVG (3D Sonovaginography) useful?
Many women with endometriosis at laparoscopy have had a normal pre-operative pelvic scan. SVG challenges the concept of a “normal pelvis” on ultrasound. In other words, SVG gives extra diagnostic information over and above conventional ultrasound of the pelvis.
SVG (3D Sonovaginography) can help your doctor to:
- Negate the need for 2 laparoscopies
- Plan who will do your surgery and where it should be done
- Exclude severe endometriosis before commencing fertility treatment (such as IVF)
How safe is an SVG (3D Sonovaginography)?
- SVG (3D Sonovaginography) is completely safe for you. Ultrasound uses sound waves-unlike X-rays, which use ionising radiations.
- No anaesthetic is required. No hospital stay is required.
- The procedure will take about 30 to 45 minutes.
- No preparation is required.
- You can resume normal activities after the procedure.