SVG (Endometriosis ultrasound)
What is SVG? (Endometriosis ultrasound)
Sonovaginography predicts severe, or deep infiltrating endometriosis and is a new technique in the prediction of posterior compartment deep infiltrative endometriosis. OMNI is the only ultrasound site in Australia performing this new diagnostic technique.
Who should have SVG (3D Sonovaginography)?
If you have any of the following problems, SVG may be helpful for you:
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Severe period pain
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Cyclical pain during defecation
- History of previous endometriosis with recurrent symptoms
Why is SVG (3D Sonovaginography) useful?
Many women with endometriosis at laparoscopy have had a normal pre-operative pelvic scan. SVG challenges the concept of a “normal pelvis” on ultrasound. In other words, SVG gives extra diagnostic information over and above conventional ultrasound of the pelvis.
SVG (3D Sonovaginography) can help your doctor to:
- Negate the need for 2 laparoscopies
- Plan who will do your surgery and where it should be done
- Exclude severe endometriosis before commencing fertility treatment (such as IVF)
How safe is an SVG (3D Sonovaginography)?
- SVG (3D Sonovaginography) is completely safe for you. Ultrasound uses sound waves-unlike X-rays, which use ionising radiations.
- No anaesthetic is required. No hospital stay is required.
- The procedure will take about 30 to 45 minutes.
- No preparation is required.
- You can resume normal activities after the procedure.