What is Endometriosis ultrasound
Endometriosis ultrasound predicts severe, or deep endometriosis and is a new technique in the prediction of posterior compartment deep endometriosis. OMNI is the only ultrasound site in Australia performing this new diagnostic technique.
– Bowel Prep is not required for this SCAN
Who should have Endometriosis ultrasound?
If you have any of the following problems, Endometriosis ultrasound may be helpful for you:
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Severe period pain
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Cyclical pain during defecation
- History of previous endometriosis with recurrent symptoms
Why is Endometriosis ultrasound useful?
Many women with endometriosis at laparoscopy have had a normal pre-operative pelvic scan. Endometriosis ultrasound challenges the concept of a “normal pelvis” on ultrasound. In other words, Endometriosis ultrasound gives extra diagnostic information over and above conventional ultrasound of the pelvis.
Endometriosis ultrasound can help your doctor to:
- Negate the need for 2 laparoscopies
- Plan who will do your surgery and where it should be done
- Exclude severe endometriosis before commencing fertility treatment (such as IVF)
How safe is an Endometriosis ultrasound?
- Endometriosis ultrasould is completely safe for you. Ultrasound uses sound waves-unlike X-rays, which use ionising radiations.
- No anaesthetic is required. No hospital stay is required.
- The procedure will take about 10 to 45 minutes.
- No preparation is required.
- You can resume normal activities after the procedure.